Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 3 (Sun Dec 21)

It's officially been 3 weeks now since my HyProCure implant surgery on my right foot. As I didn't keep a blog on my first set of surgeries back in 2009, I don't remember too many of the recovery details. However, I certainly do remember that I couldn't wear certain flat shoes or shoes with some sort of heel (greater than 1/2") for a very long time. I think I'm recovering faster this time, as I'm able to wear flats, flat boots, troopas, etc all without any issues (heels up to 1" and no pain/discomfort at all). I spent the last week walking around quite a bit all over the city. As an example, I had a dentist appt on Wednesday, and walked to and from it (almost 1 mile each way). I did notice some soreness on my foot after all the walking on it by the evening on some days this week, but nothing too bad that didn't easy while I rested it during my sleep. I'm still sleeping wearing the aircast stirrup brace to really ensure there is no lateral motion of my foot at all for the first month. I've very pleased with the results so far. I'm beginning to wonder if part of the problem from my first surgeries was that the larger implant used back in 2009 (a size 8) didn't allow the implant to get into the joint deep enough so I may have suffered from a sprained ankle feeling. It's almost shocking to me how comfortable the size 7 implant feels with it's placement and healing. As for the incision site - healing very nicely; I'm just wearing a small bandaid but there is hardly any scabbing left. Also, the inside part of my heel leading up to the arch (on the opposite side of my foot from the surgery incision of course) is slightly swollen after a long day of walking and feels a bit tender, but that isn't unusual. All good news so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment