Saturday, May 16, 2015

Month 5 (Right Foot) and Week 8 (Left Foot) Saturday May 16, 2015

What a difference 5 wks makes! Right foot is totally fine as it's been a little over 5 months now. And, the left foot is surprisingly good!

I started running at week 6. Out of the 4 surgeries I've had done (2 on each foot now), it's taken at least 12 wks before I can run so I'm extremely pleased. I had traveled out of the country to Vietnam just 3 wks after the surgery and my foot handled the long flights without any swelling. I wore sneakers/comfy shoes most of the time while we were traveling for the 9 days. No issues at all. Around week 5 for the left foot, I decided I'd try running on the treadmill. I was feeling really confident as I'd just come off my international travels with no issues plus had already been wearing shoes with a little heel. I ended up running 3 miles the first day, and then ran again two more times in the next week. On the 3rd run, I went a little further, up to 3.5 miles and felt quite some pain in my left foot near the surgery site. The pain didn't subside for about a week; I was taking some ibuprofen twice a day and back in sneakers. Therefore, I'll wait another week probably before I try running again (so that'll put me about 9 wks since the surgery), and I'll increase my mileage gradually. For my next post, I'll let you know how that goes. Also, I know it might be confusing as I've got two stories going on right now with each foot so I'll try to do a summary post describing the healing process and differences between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment